Skills for Work is a national programme aimed at providing training opportunities to help employees deal with the basic skills demands of the workplace. The initiative is funded by the Irish Government under the Department of Education and Skills, and delivered by Education & Training Boards (ETB) across the country. It is also delivered exclusively to SIPTU members in classrooms at SIPTU College.
- INFORMATION ABOUT Skills For Work:
- The criteria for attending is for those with few, outdated or no educational qualifications
- Programmes can be delivered on union or company sites or at local ETB sites
- Training / tuition (28-35 hours) is delivered to small groups (6-8 people) within a single union or company or to employees in a cluster of companies.
- The main cohort of people are those in the general operative, retail, caring, farming and service sectors
- QQI accreditation at Level 3 is optional
- THE FOLLOWING COURSES ARE CURRENTLY OFFERED:
- Communications through Computers
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Care
- Basic Office Skills
For further information see the brochure here or contact
Jean Kennedy, SIPTU College – firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone (01) 858 6498
Joan Devlin, ETB – Mobile (087) 7419805